Statement for travel to the SVRI Forum 2022:
The SVRI Forum 2022 Coordinating Committee and our partners are committed to hosting the Forum face-to-face in Mexico. We are however aware that circumstances around the pandemic are ever-changing. We are taking a risk-based approach and will keep monitoring the pandemic with our advisors.
When booking your travel arrangements we encourage all delegates, regardless of your vaccination status, to take out travel insurance in advance of your trip. Please note, not all travel insurance plans cover Covid-related issues. If you already have a travel insurance policy, check what cover it provides for Covid-related events, including quarantine costs, medical treatment and travel disruptions, travel bans (see “Cancel for any reason” coverage).
The SVRI, SVRI co-hosts, partners, funders, and SVRI Forum 2022 service providers will not be held liable for any costs or damages in the case of the Forum being cancelled/postponed, changes to flights or medical treatment required.
- For more information on travel insurance plans visit: https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/best-pandemic-travel-insurance/.
- Mexico’s Covid monitoring system: https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/eua/index.php/en/2016-04-09-20-40-51/tourism/1760-mexico-s-covid-19-monitoring-system.
For more information, please write to us at email@example.com.
SVRI Forum alternative scenarios
- Face-to-face event: Forum as we know and love. If the risk of COVID is still around, we will make every effort to keep delegates safe by adhering to strict COVID-19 measure such as the wearing of masks, sanitising and social distancing, following the guidelines set out by the Mexican government and the World Health Organization to curb the spread of the virus.
- Hybrid event: A smaller Mexico based/regional event held alongside a virtual Forum with webinars leading up to the Forum and a series of activities afterwards).
- Fully virtual event.
We are currently planning for a fully face-to-face event and will continue with regular risk assessments with SVRI advisors.
We are undertaking regular risk assessments considering global and local (Mexico) trends, host Government policy; crowd density; nature of contact; event duration; travel restrictions, vaccine availability, and more, to make decisions around the hosting of the conference.
We are grateful for your continued support and enthusiasm for the SVRI Forum 2022 as we navigate these challenging and ever-changing times.
World Health Organization risk assessment process
- WHO COVID-19 Mexico dashboard
- WHO Coronavirus information page
- United Nations HR. (2020). COVID-19 outbreak: Information for meeting participants. DHMOSH – occupational safety and health / public health unit COVID-19 meeting guide for organisers. UN HR. Also available in French.
- CDC COVID-19 travel related resources:
- Know when not to travel to avoid spreading COVID-19
- How CDC determines the level of a destination’s COVID-19 travel health notice
- Travel during COVID-19
- Testing and International Air Travel